At DIGIT Lab, we address engineering challenges arising from impacts of extreme events and climate changes on our civil infrastructure, urban systems, and hydrogeological environments.
Bearing two broad research thrust areas in mind, infrastructure resilience and infrastructure automation, we integrate cutting-edge technologies such as mechanical and probabilistic modeling, artificial intelligence, unmanned vehicles, remote sensing, augmented reality, and cloud/edge computing to meet the complex challenges of our time.
Currently, our current research efforts are grouped according to two engineering science domains:
- Resilience Quantification for Civil Infrastructure and Structures
- Probabilistic Resilience Quantification Methods
- Bridge System Resilience
- Power Distribution Systems Resilience
- Infrastructure Monitoring and Automation for Civil and Other Systems
- Applied Machine Vision, Remote Sensing, AI, Aerial Robotics, and Augmented Reality
- Automation for Civil Infrastructure Inspection and Disaster Reconnaissance
- Precision Agriculture in the soil-water nexus
For Prospective Students
- We are looking forward to supporting talented and motivated graduate students joining our group and pursuing advanced degrees.
- When communicating with Dr. Chen, pls attach your recent resume or CV.
- We are more than willing to hold outreach and learning sessions for K-12 students featuring the use of mobile imaging, drone sensing, and real-time analytics for understanding how to measure and how to achieve a greener and disaster-resilient community. Please contact Dr. Chen (email@example.com) for details.