At DIGIT Lab, we explore and develop interdisciplinary sensing and computing solutions that address challenges arising from impacts of extreme events and climate changes on our civil infrastructure, urban systems, and hydrogeological environments.
Our research approach integrates mechanical and probabilistic modeling, machine vision, remote and networked sensing, and cloud/edge computing while promoting scientific discovery and innovating engineering solutions. Currently, our current research efforts are grouped according to three engineering science domains (1, 2 and 3) and one focused application research theme (4).
- Soil-Structure System Performance Assessment
- Resilience Quantification for Civil Infrastructure and Structures
- Advanced Sensing Technologies for Disaster Response
- Connected Vehicles, Cognitive Remote Sensing, and Artificial Intelligence
For Prospective Students
- We are looking forward to supporting talented and motivated graduate students joining our group and pursuing advanced degrees.
- When communicating with Dr. Chen, pls attach your recent resume or CV.
- We are more than willing to hold outreach and learning sessions for K-12 students featuring the use of mobile imaging, drone sensing and real-time analytics for understanding how to measure and how to achieve a greener and disaster-resilient community. Please contact Dr. Chen (email@example.com) for details.